Posts Tagged ‘stock research’

MAMA – Recommendation to Cover

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 06.14.2007 (12:00 am)

MAMA – Inc. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $4.22)

In my last post I stated that I thought would fall through its support level. However, this hasn’t happened so I am going to recommend to cover your short position in if you have not already done so. may still fall but I think there are better places to invest your money. Also, the stock price of tends to jump up more than it should when the company issues a press release. Therefore, I think it would be wise to get out before some trivial announcement sends the price back up. (more…)

MAMA – Update

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 05.27.2007 (12:00 am)

MAMA – Inc. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price on Friday 5/25/07 – $4.15)

I mentioned in my last update that if found support I would recommend to cover. has found support around four dollars but I think barring some positive news the stock price will fall through this support level and start to decline more dramatically. Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend to cover yet.

I will provide an update based on what the stock price does in the next few weeks.

Disclosure: I am not shorting shares of MAMA.

MAMA – Q1 2007 Earnings

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 05.14.2007 (12:00 am)

MAMA – Inc. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $4.50) reported first quarter results on May 10 and the numbers they released were very unimpressive. reported a loss of 0.10 per diluted share on revenue of 2.64 million. Search revenues increased but graphic advertising and “other” revenues were down sharply. Last quarter they had “other” revenues of 1.19 million (comprised of search advertising – 0.26 mil, software licensing – 0.7 mil, and customized development & maintenance – 0.23 mil). This quarter they said “other revenues such as software licensing and customized development and maintenance support” totaled 0.127 million. I am not sure if search advertising is part of the “other” revenues since they said “such as” and didn’t provide a breakdown of “other” revenues. However, even without search advertising taken into account this is a huge decrease in “other revenues” from the previous quarter. (more…)

CECE Q4 2006 Earnings

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 03.31.2007 (12:00 am)

CECE – Ceco Environmental (Nasdaq) (Closing Price on Friday 3/30/07 – $12.49)

I recommended buying Ceco Environmental a couple of months ago for a 31% gain in a little over two weeks. I gave my sell recommendation a little too soon but I have still been following the stock and I would recommend staying away from the company until they show an increase in earnings.

Ceco Environmental recently reported Q4 06 results on March 22. They posted earnings of 0.09 per diluted share on revenue of 41.5 million. Revenue improved but the lack of earnings growth was a huge problem. In Q2 06 Ceco Environmental had earnings of 0.12 per diluted share on revenues of 31.7 million. This quarter they had almost ten million more in revenue but had three cents less in earnings. The lack of earnings growth and the huge run-up in the share price was a bad combination and the stock price has taken quite a beating in the last week. (more…)

HSOA – Hold Recommendation

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 03.05.2007 (12:00 am)

HSOA – Home Solutions of America (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $4.91)

Home Solutions of America today lowered guidance for 2006 to 0.43-0.46 per share from previously announce guidance of 0.56-0.60 cents per share. The company said the lowered guidance was due to a weak remodeling and rebuilding sector and delays in government spending for New Orleans. The stock price took quite a hit but I would recommend to continue holding your shares.

Even with the lowered guidance HSOA is still trading at a very low trailing PE (4.91/0.43 = 11). Also, the stock market is forward looking so the guidance for the current year is a lot less important than the guidance for next year. HSOA plans to announce the fourth quarter results and the outlook for 2007 on March 15. If HSOA guides for higher revenues and earnings in 2007 I think the stock price will make a quick rebound. (more…)

HSOA – Buy and Accumulate

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 03.01.2007 (12:00 am)

HSOA – Home Solutions of America (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $5.81)

Last month an analyst downgraded HSOA from strong buy to buy. I found the timing of this downgrade to be very curious. In my opinion the stock was on the verge of breaking out and triggering a huge short squeeze. However, the downgrade brought some selling pressure and general wariness of stocks this past week hasn’t helped.  

I still think HSOA is a good buy and I think now would be a good time to accumulate more shares. From a fundamental perspective HSOA is way undervalued and I think it is just a matter of time before HSOA’s share price breaks out of its trading range. (more…)

MAMA – Update

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 02.10.2007 (12:00 am)

MAMA – Inc. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price on Friday 2/9/07 – $5.13)

There have been some interesting developments since my last post on MAMA.

First, the CEO abruptly announced his resignation on January 23. This is never a good sign for a company. However, the share price barely reacted to this news.

Last Tuesday there was a surge in volume and MAMA’s stock price jumped up considerably on no news at all. In my opinion this should raise some eyebrows about someone trying to manipulate the share price (or maybe someone trading on inside knowledge). A couple of days later MAMA issued a press release stating they had extended an existing agreement with Yahoo Canada. This press release shouldn’t have affected the share price considering the agreement has been in place. However, the share price opened up considerably higher than the previous close. It has promptly been going down since. (more…)

HSOA – Initiation of Buy Recommendation

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 01.29.2007 (12:00 am)

HSOA – Home Solutions of America (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $6.52)

Home Solutions of America is a company that I have some reservations about recommending but I think now is a good time to buy.

HSOA provides recovery, restoration, and remodeling services. The company’s stock price had quite a run last year but a questionable press release by the company sent the stock sharply down and the stock hasn’t recovered. I will leave it to you to find out the details of what happened but it definitely raises concern about the management of the company. (more…)

CECE – Update

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 01.22.2007 (12:00 am)

CECE – CECO Environmental Corp. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $12.98)

When I originally gave my buy recommendation of Ceco Environmental I said to buy and accumulate at the current price (which was $9.89). However, the share price is up quite a bit since I originally recommended it and I am going to change my recommendation to hold.

Ceco Environmental has had some positive developments recently but I think the huge jump today is due to speculators buying in before the State of the Union Address on Tuesday. If the president mentions greater pollution controls to fight global warming this will obviously bode well for Ceco Environmental. (more…)

MAMA – Accumulate Short Position

By: ispeculatornew | Date posted: 01.11.2007 (12:00 am)

MAMA – Inc. (Nasdaq) (Closing Price – $5.90)

I would continue holding your short position in MAMA and if you are a patient investor I would recommend shorting more. MAMA may not drop immediately but eventually its share price is going to correct and reflect its fundamentals.

If you are looking for a short term gain I would not recommend shorting MAMA. There are a lot of daytraders and greater fools buying MAMA right now and they may continue to send MAMA up in spite of its ridiculous valuation. However, the momentum will die out and MAMA will assuredly drop. (more…)